Aubergine pie by Niki. Great recipe for Aubergine pie by Niki. A pie with a special taste, it surprises even those who are no fans of aubergines. Recipe by dcroula Spoon the aubergine mix onto the central part of each pide, leaving a space around the edge..
Scatter the remaining feta over the pie. Inspired by her Greek travels, Rosana shares her recipe for Mpourekakia. These mini pies are packed with a delightful aubergine and feta filling, and make great party snacks. You can have Aubergine pie by Niki using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aubergine pie by Niki
- You need 6 sheets of country style filo dough.
- It’s 4 of aubergines.
- You need 1 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of onions cut into slices.
- You need 1 tsp of boukovo (hot paprika flakes).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped tomato.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of spearmint.
- Prepare 200 g of strained yoghurt.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of yellow cheeses (regato, graviera, pecorino, edam or gouda).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of fresh milk.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of salt (with moderation, due to the cheeses).
- You need of For the batter.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 5 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of water as much as it takes.
Prepare the aubergine as per the instructions in the above post, including lining the pie moulds with the aubergine. Prepare the filling by heating ½ tbsp oil in a large pan, add the onion and leek and gently fry until soft. Then add the mince meat, bay leaf and oregano. Fry until the meat is browned throughout.
Aubergine pie by Niki step by step
- Cut the aubergines in half (lengthwise) and spread them on the greaseproof paper, cut side facing down..
- Bake for 40 minutes until tender, then set them aside for 10 minutes to cool..
- Peel the aubergines and mash the flesh using a fork..
- Sauté the onions until tender in 1/2 cup oil..
- Add the aubergines, the pepper and stir in the tomato..
- Leave for 3-4 minutes then remove from heat..
- Add salt, spearmint, boukovo and let it cool and absorb its liquids..
- Mix the yoghurt, the milk and the cheeses into a bowl..
- Mix all the ingredients together and the filling of the pie is ready..
- Make a batter with flour, oil and water..
- Brush a large oblong baking tray with oil and line it with the 3 filo sheets. Brush the first two with the batter..
- Pour the filling on top, cover with the rest of the filo sheets that you also brush with the batter..
- Score the pie and pour the remaining batter on top..
- Bake at 180°C for one hour (using both the radiant elements and the fan)..
I made it as a double layer cake and it was honestly one of my most favourite cake recipes that I'd made up to that point. A healthy aubergine and mushroom pie recipe – stuffed with caramelised aubergine, garlic mushrooms and halloumi cheese, wrapped in nutritious, whole grain spelt pastry. Great for a summer picnic or packed lunch. See the delicious Italian food we have on our menu. Cut cauliflower up into florets, and aubergine into slices then add them to the bowl with the dressing, mix well.