Cheesy Sweet Potato Fisherman's Pie.
You can cook Cheesy Sweet Potato Fisherman's Pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Sweet Potato Fisherman's Pie
- Prepare 1 kg of Sweet Potatoes.
- It’s 1 kg of White Fish (Cod, Hake, Whiting etc.).
- It’s 1 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 of Cloves.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Dried Parsley.
- It’s 900 ml of Milk.
- It’s 50 g of Plain Flour.
- It’s 100 g of Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s Pinch of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
Cheesy Sweet Potato Fisherman's Pie step by step
- Peel, chop, boil & mash the sweet potatoes..
- Put the fish in a deep pan, cover with bay leaves, onion, cloves & milk. Bring to the boil & simmer for 10 minutes..
- Drain fish & onions in a sieve keeping the milk for the sauce. Place them in a baking dish and lightly break apart the fish with a fork..
- Hard boil & slice the eggs & cover the fish..
- Melt the butter in a pan..
- Add flour and stir in to make a paste..
- Slowly add the milk which you used to poach the fish, stirring to a paste before adding more..
- Add 80g cheese & stir in..
- Add parsley, nutmeg & pepper & cook for 4 minutes & pour over the egg covered fish..
- Spread the sweet potato mash over the sauce & sprinkle with cheese..
- Cook at 200°C for 20 minutes..