Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew.
You can cook Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew
- It’s 500 g of bag of frozen fish chunks (e.g fish pie).
- It’s 2 of medium brown onions.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 8 of baby potatoes, halved.
- It’s 1 of heaped teaspoon turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of flat teaspoon smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of good olive oil.
- It’s 1 knob of butter.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 litre of hot water.
- You need 1 glass of dry white wine (optional).
Auntie's Aromatic Easy Fish Stew step by step
- Coarsely chop the onions and garlic..
- Halve the potatoes..
- Add the onions and garlic and olive oil to your slow cooker or alternatively a frying pan and cook over a low heat until brown..
- Add the onions, potatoes, garlic, fish, spices and water to the slow cooker – dissolving the stock cube as you go. There is no need to defrost the fish..
- Set the cooking time on your slow cooker to 4 hours, alternatively to a medium heat setting..
- After 2 hours add the butter and check the water level, topping up with boiling water from the kettle if required. You may like to stir from time to time..
- After 3 hours, check the liquid levels. The stock should have thickened slightly and reduced. Taste it for flavour. Season and add more boiling water if required..
- Serve with a little steamed basmati rice..