You can cook Youngs's Ragu using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Youngs's Ragu
- Prepare 500 grams of British Extra Lean Steak Mince.
- You need 1 large of Carrot, really finely chopped.
- You need 1 large of stick of Celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, finely chopped and crushed.
- Prepare 50 grams of Tomato Puree.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried Oregano.
- You need 500 grams of Passata.
- It’s 400 grams of tin of chopped Tomatoes.
- It’s 10 ml of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare 200 ml of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Green Pepper, chopped into small cubes.
- It’s 6 of Chestnut Mushrooms, diced.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of freshly ground Black Pepper.
Youngs's Ragu instructions
- In a large pan over a low heat add olive oil, then carrot and celery. After 5mins add the garlic and stir for a min as the garlic cooks..
- Add the mince and turn heat to medium. Stir mince until browned then add oregano and tomato puree. Cook for 2 mins stirring as the puree cooks out then add the pepper..
- Pour in passata, tinned tomatoes, red wine and balsamic vinegar, leave to come up to boil..
- Simmer once up to boil and add salt, pepper, bay leaves and sugar. Add the mushrooms and leave to simmer for an hour or stick into a slow cooker for as long as you like..
- Leave overnight for more intense flavour. I also like to top fluid level up with extra red wine but you can use water..