One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. This is achievable regardless of how busy and frenzied your life is. We must return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Regrettably, most people don’t care about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you hear about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary alterations in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to exchange your worn out body for a new one. You should take care of your health while you can do so. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its most effective levels.
When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is healthy for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Consuming sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The foods we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. Men and women are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Good nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food stores.
In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. This aisl is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay some diseases, or even reverse them. You will observe that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these superfoods. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to function well. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off diseases.
Your daily diet have to have at least several of these super foods. First off, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Then, try adding some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems.
Adopting a green living meal plan will offer you precisely what you need to be healthy. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.
Steak and Cactus Pasta is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Steak and Cactus Pasta is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook steak and cactus pasta using 23 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Steak and Cactus Pasta:
- Make ready 2 Cactus leaves
- Take 1/2 cup yellow onion
- Take 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Prepare 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- Take 1 serano pepper, diced
- Take 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- Get 2 roma tomatoes
- Take 2 thinly cut ribeye steaks
- Get 1 lime
- Prepare 1 tsp coriander
- Prepare salt
- Take 1 cup chopped and packed fresh cilantro
- Get 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare 1/2 cup water
- Take 3 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Take 1 box of shell pasta
- Make ready cayenne pepper
- Prepare Queso Alfredo Sauce
- Get 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Make ready 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- Take 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Make ready 1/2 cup quesadilla cheese
- Take 2 tsp salt
Instructions to make Steak and Cactus Pasta:
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place tomatoes in oven 7 inches below broil coils and roast tomatoes for 10 minutes on each side, until the skin starts to blacken and peel back.
- Place tomatoes in a zip lock bag, and zip close removing all air. Cover bag with a damp paper towel and let the tomatoes sit for about 10 minutes.
- Using your knife remove cactus needle by sliding knife across needles going upwards towards the round end of the cactus. As if you were shaving with the grain.
- Cut cactus into strips, then cut into bite size pieces.
- Take ribeye steak and cover with a sheet of saran wrap, and flatten steak using a mallet. Or you can use a rolling pin and roll the steaks out flat.
- Chop steak into 1/2 inch slices.
- Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt, ground black pepper, coriander, lime zest (about 1/8 teaspoon). And using your hand, massage the seasoning into the meat.
- Covet steak pieces with saran wrap and set aside.
- In a large pan, on medium-high heat add water, 1 teaspoon salt, and chopped cactus.
- Cook cactus for 7 minutes, or until water has absorbed and cactus starts to look like cooked green beans.
- In the same pan, still on medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, onions, red bell peppers, & 1/2 serano pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot to boil and add in salt… The water should taste like the ocean. Cook your shell pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Remove tomatoes from ziplock bag and peel the skins off. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan with the vegetables.
- In the pan with the cooked vegetables add in the chopped steak and cook for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir it occasionally to make sure that the steak can absorb all the flavors. Then turn the heat down to low and add in the other half of the serano pepper while you prepared your sauce.
- In a medium pot add heavy cream, pasta water, and butter on medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted add in salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute. Then whisk in cheese until cheese has melted.
- In the same large pot that the pasta was cooked in, add in the meat and veggie filling, and the Alfredo sauce to the drained pasta. Stir; and on medium-low heat cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Let pasta sit on low heat for 2 minutes, add in chopped cilantro, stir, and serve! I topped ours with some crumble fresco cheese! 😃
As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food steak and cactus pasta recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!