Meat pie. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Lamb chicken or pork can be used in place of beef.
Prick the top crust a few times with a knife to vent steam. Crimp around the edges using the tines of the fork, and remove any excess dough. Place the bottom crust in the pie plate and poke several holes in the crust with a fork. You can cook Meat pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare of Dough.
- Prepare 4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of yeast.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cooking oil.
- It’s of Water.
Make sure an ample amount of crust. I added a pinch more salt and a little allspice to the recipe, also a teaspoon of poultry seasoning along with the sage that this recipe called for. I have saved this recipe and will continue the old tradition of meat pies for Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. Some time ago, when I was working at a newspaper, a co-worker happened to bring a meat pie for lunch.
Meat pie instructions
- In a clean bowl, add your flour, baking powder, salt,yeast,cooking oil and then mix.
- Add water bit by bit and knead to form a soft dough,cover and let it sit for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, cut and make small ball, roll flat each ball and place inside a meatpie cutter, pour 1 spoonful of ready made mincemeat source and line the edge with water,cover and remove excess dough and continue till all finished.
- Break 1 egg,wisk and brush with egg wash,use folk to pieced each pie and bake till golden.
- And tadaaah.
The aroma was familiar to me, and I asked for a taste. To my amazement, it was the same pie my grandmother used to serve when I was a youngster! I copied the meat pie recipe, and I have been enjoying it ever since. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana Natchitoches (pronounced Nack-uh-dish) Meat Pies, stuffed with meaty filling and surrounded by a flaky pastry crust, are a Louisiana specialty, hailing from the Central Louisiana town of Natchitoches. They're similar to an empanada with slightly different seasonings and close to a tourtiere, too. The Colorado Meat Pie Company food truck brings scratchmade meat pies, sausage rolls, spinach rolls & more. to a neighborhood, brewery or event near you!