Sultana Scones. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter. Stir in the sultanas, sugar and then the milk to form a soft dough.
Sultana scones You can choose how crusty or how soft the sides of your scones are by adjusting how closely you place them on the baking sheet. If you like your sultana scones to be crusty all over, space them widely. The great thing about Sultana Scones is that, traditionally at least, most British households would always have the ingredients to hand. You can have Sultana Scones using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sultana Scones
- It’s 400 gms of self raising flour, keep some for dusting.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 80 gms of cold butter cut into cubed.
- It’s 3 Tbs of castor sugar.
- Prepare Handful of raisin and few glacé cherries – chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 175 mls of milk.
- Prepare of More milk for glazing alternatively you can use beaten egg.
- You need of Clotted cream and jam to serve, or serve as they are.
- It’s of Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- It’s 200 C of Pre-heat the oven to.
All that's required is flour, butter, sugar, dried fruit and milk. You don't need pastry cutters either: a drinking glass will do. Sultana Scones have both Irish and British roots and the word " Sultana " is their term for what we call golden raisins. These Sultana Scones are not only speckled with plump golden raisins, they are golden brown and crusty, with a soft interior crumb.
Sultana Scones step by step
- Put the flour in a large mixing bowl, add salt and baking powder. Give all a good mix.
- Add the butter cubes. Using your finger tips rub the butter into the flour mix until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the sugar in the mixture. And the chopped raisin and cherries.
- Make a well add half of the milk. Using a spoon or a knife fold the milk into the dry mixture..
- Add rest of milk to the flour. Continue to mix all together. The mixture dough will seem a little wet. Dust with a little flour.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface..
- I don't tend to use a rolling pin, I just pat the dough lightly to flatten it to about 1inch thick..
- Using a cookie cutter cut into shape..
- Using a spatula gently place the scones on the prepared tray..
- Glaze the scones with milk using a pastry brush..
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and well risen..
- Enjoy with clotted cream and jam of your choice.
All comments on the scones were positive. In other words, they loved them. The scones were delivered on time and fresh, as promised. I will order again as well as recommend this delicious product to friends. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a \ bowl (or flour.