Meat Pies / Nigerian dumplings.
You can have Meat Pies / Nigerian dumplings using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat Pies / Nigerian dumplings
- You need 150 g of butter.
- Prepare 450 g of flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need 1 of beaten egg for eggwashing.
- It’s of for the filling….
- You need 300 g of minced beef.
- Prepare 700 g of Irish potatoes.
- It’s 2 of large onions.
- You need 2 of medium sized carrots.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of spices.
Meat Pies / Nigerian dumplings instructions
- 1st prepare the filling by chopping the irish potatoes and onions in cubes combine with the minced meat and spices add some water and cook till tender and pasty. then u add in your carrots.
- For the dough, combine the flour, butter, and baking powder with some water and knead into a rollable dough.
- Cut out a bit of the dough, spread some flour on the table to avoid sticking. using your rolling pin, flatten out the dough and with the pie cutter, cut the desired shape.
- Scoop and place the filling on the dough seal the edge with egg and close.
- Place pies on already greased oven tray, then eggwash for a glossy effect.
- Bake for 25-30mins.