Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie. Place the rolled pie on the greased baking tray and place the one-third of the mutton-veggie mixture on it. Cover with the other rolled pie roti and seal the sides, glaze with beaten egg and sprinkle some nigella seeds (kalonji) or black sesame seeds on top. Husseina Nazir here, or as you all may know me, as Whosayna.
Return the onions and garlic to the pan, add the cinnamon, cumin, cayenne and ginger. Add the red wine, stock, tomatoes and tomato purée and mix well. Wrap a strip of greaseproof paper around each pie and secure with string (to make sure the pie holds its shape when cooking). You can cook Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie
- It’s of Dough:.
- It’s 2 – 1/2 cup of Maida (All Purpose Flour).
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Milk powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Yeast (instant).
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter/Margarine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s of Filling:.
- You need 1 kg of Mutton big pieces (Shank).
- It’s 2 of Capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Zucchini.
- You need 3-4 of Red Chillies.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic (pounded).
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 9-10 of Baby Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of Blackpepper (pounded).
- You need 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- You need 12 of Basil leaves.
You remember the flavor, and many have asked for a traditional mutton pie – so here they are. Each pie has a tasty filling made with lamb, onions, breadcrumbs and just the right spices. Precooked but shipped frozen so you can reheat and enjoy them whenever you please. Mutton pies were a luxury on the nineteenth century.
Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie instructions
- Dough: Mix ingredients well then bind with warm water to soft dough, keep in a big bowl and cover it, let it rise. Filling: In a bowl put mutton pieces, sprinkle salt, pepper, two to three tablespoon all purpose flour then toss well. Fry mutton pieces on nonstick pan in little oil to brown up, keep aside. Chop onion and cut capsicum lengthwise, zucchini and carrots in slant slices or any floral shape you desire..
- In pressure cooker put half of chopped carrots and capsicum, fried mutton pieces, salt, half of garlic, black pepper, six basil leaves, rosemary with enough water to cook the meat. When done open the lid and almost dry up the broth, leave a little for gravy. Put on flame the same pan you used to fry mutton, add oil if it has dried up, braise onion to pinkish brown colour add garlic and toss, add the rest of carrots, capsicum, red chillies, and zucchini toss well add blackpepper,.
- Chilli flakes and mutton pieces with it broth then put 6 baby tomatoes all over it, mix well and dry it up to perfect gravy. How to make the pie: Make four balls of the dough, roll all four and keep aside. Use back side of pizza tray, grease it. Keep one roti on it, now lay half of the mutton pieces on it with veggies and gravy tgen top up with six baby tomatoes all over it. Put water all round the edges of roti, keep four straws facing in line quatre way inside, then cover with the other roti.
- And seal all the way till the straws, apply beaten egg on top of the pie and sprinkle sesame and flax seeds. Now blow from the outside end of the straws to fill up air in the pie to give semicircle balloon shape. Remove the straws faster and seal that part also. Bake in oven on 200C till golden brown colour. Do same for the other pie.
Today, they are less usual but no less tasty. Pour the wine into a large saucepan. Boil until it reduces a third and add the stock. Alinazik is a Turkish kebab variety originating from Gaziantep. It consists of char-grilled and puréed eggplants that are combined with garlic yogurt sauce, then topped with chunks of meltingly sweet lamb.