Meat pie. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. A great deep dish meat pie made with potatoes, carrots and peas in a rich gravy. Lamb chicken or pork can be used in place of beef.
Prick the top crust a few times with a knife to vent steam. Crimp around the edges using the tines of the fork, and remove any excess dough. Place the bottom crust in the pie plate and poke several holes in the crust with a fork. You can have Meat pie using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- It’s 1 of and a half cup flour.
- It’s 1 t of spn curry.
- It’s 1/2 t of spn salt.
- You need 1/4 t of spn baking powder.
- You need 1 tb of spn butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 1/4 g of minced meat.
- It’s 2 of cooked irish potatoes.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet (optional).
- Prepare Half of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn curry.
- It’s 1 of knorr cube.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour batter.
- It’s of Spices.
- It’s 2 of tbspns oil.
- You need of Extra ingredient.
- Prepare 1 of egg for brushing.
Make sure an ample amount of crust. I added a pinch more salt and a little allspice to the recipe, also a teaspoon of poultry seasoning along with the sage that this recipe called for. I have saved this recipe and will continue the old tradition of meat pies for Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. Some time ago, when I was working at a newspaper, a co-worker happened to bring a meat pie for lunch.
Meat pie instructions
- Here are the ingredients needed. But pls forgive me, I forgot to snap with butter🙈.
- Put the flour in a bowl, add in curry, salt and baking powder.
- Pour in half cup of water, mix. Then add a tb spn of butter and keep mixing.
- Done with the dough. Cover with cling film..
- Pour oil in a pan, add the meat.
- Add in seasoning and spices.
- Keep stirring for 3 minutes. Then add the grinded scotch bonnets and diced onion..
- On a low flame, stir for about 6 minutes. Add the cooked and diced potatoes.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add in the flour batter (only flour and water mixture).
- It ll look like this..
- On a rollig board, flatten the dough.
- Take the dough on the meat pie cutter. Pour in the filling as shown below.
- Close it and remove the outer dough like this.
- When done, whisk the egg and brush the top of your meat pie.
- Pre heat your oven and set a parchment paper on a baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes on 200degrees or untill golden in colour..
The aroma was familiar to me, and I asked for a taste. To my amazement, it was the same pie my grandmother used to serve when I was a youngster! I copied the meat pie recipe, and I have been enjoying it ever since. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana Natchitoches (pronounced Nack-uh-dish) Meat Pies, stuffed with meaty filling and surrounded by a flaky pastry crust, are a Louisiana specialty, hailing from the Central Louisiana town of Natchitoches. They're similar to an empanada with slightly different seasonings and close to a tourtiere, too. The Colorado Meat Pie Company food truck brings scratchmade meat pies, sausage rolls, spinach rolls & more. to a neighborhood, brewery or event near you!