Marmalade and walnut muffins. This muffins have an interesting flavour and texture. This muffins have an interesting flavour and texture. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Use a pastry cutter to mix in shortening (or butter/shortening if desired). You can have Marmalade and walnut muffins using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marmalade and walnut muffins
- Prepare 300 g of self raising flour.
- You need 125 g of butter in cubes.
- It’s 125 g of golden caster sugar.
- It’s 75 g of walnut pieces plus extra for decoration.
- It’s of Zest of lemon.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 125 ml of milk.
- It’s 125 g of marmalade.
Mix marmalade, orange juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat eggs and pour into the bowl. Our favorite muffin recipes include chocolate chip and banana, pumpkin muffins, and scallion-corn muffins. Read on for even more of our best muffin recipes.
Marmalade and walnut muffins instructions
- Rub the butter with the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the lemon zest and walnut pieces..
- Mix the eggs milk and marmalade.
- Add the sugar and marmalade mixture into the crumble and mix together.
- Pour spoonfuls of mixture into prepared muffins tin..
- For decoration you can use some walnut pieces with a bit of melted butter and a splash of maple syrup. Spoon over muffins and bake on a moderately hot oven. 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes.
- I forgot to add the decorations so baked muffins nearly to the end and added walnuts for the last 3 minutes.
Gently heat the butter and marmalade in a pan until just melted. Beat the milk and eggs in another bowl, then add the marmalade mixture. Barely fold the marmalade through the batter (it should still be streaky). Remove to a rack to cool. In a separate bowl, beat eggs.