You can have Mince Cobbler using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mince Cobbler
- It’s 2 tbsp. of sunflower oil.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 450 of g/1 lb lean minced beef.
- You need 1 tbsp. of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of flour.
- You need 300 of ml/1/2pt beef stock.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of For the scones.
- It’s 225 of g/8oz self-raising flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried mixed herbs.
- You need 50 of g/2oz butter.
- It’s 150 of ml/1/4pt milk.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sesame seeds.
Mince Cobbler step by step
- Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan.Peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic.Dice the carrots.Add them to the pan and saute for 3 – 4 minutes.Add the minced beef and fry until brown..
- Stir in the tomato puree,1 tablespoon of flour,beef stock and bay leaf.Season to taste.Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.Remove the bay leaf..
- Meanwhile,preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas 6.For the scones,mix the self-raising flour with the herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper.Rub in the butter and add enough milk to make a soft dough.Roll out on a floured surface and cut into 5cm/2in rounds,about 1cm/1/2in thick..
- Put the mince into a shallow ovenproof dish.Arrange the scones on top of the mince.Beat the egg and use to brush scones.Sprinkle with sesame seeds.Bake for 15 – 20 minutes,or until the scones are golden.Serve immediately..