Apple pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
Serve a la mode with a side of vanilla bean ice cream. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. You can have Apple pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple pie
- Prepare of For the dough.
- Prepare 11/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbs of sugar.
- It’s Half of tsp salt.
- It’s 6 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 tbs of oil.
- It’s 5 tbs of water ice if needed.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- Prepare 4 of apples chopped.
- You need 2 of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 tbs of mixed peel.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinammon.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. There's nothing better than the smell of the fresh apple pie baking in the oven.
Apple pie instructions
- Measure all your ingredients.
- Form a dough and ensure everything is well mixed.
- Refrigerate for about 15 mins.
- Pan fry the apples in one tablespoon of butter.
- Add cinnamon sticks.
- Top up with mixed peels.
- Add the sugar.
- Continue tossing for a minute.
- Add cinnamon ground and remove from heat.
- Place in the oven until it golden brown.
In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening. In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Transfer apple mixture into the crust-lined pie dish. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. Whether you're craving a classic recipe or a twist, our collected favorites are sure to satisfy.