Brad's sheppards pie. Brad's Shepherd's Pie Brad McCarthy, ranch wrangler and cook at Homeplace Ranch in Calgary, Alberta, makes this favorite supper with whatever vegetables he has on hand. He serves a bowl of extra vegetables on the side, and you can't go wrong with brown gravy on top. Great recipe for Brad's sheppards pie.
I used both lamb and beef. And of course added my own little twist to keep away from main stream dining. this was a giant hit at. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. You can cook Brad's sheppards pie using 35 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's sheppards pie
- It’s 1 of double crust rolled pie dough.
- You need 3 cups of prepared brown gravy.
- It’s of For the meat.
- It’s 1 lb of ground lamb.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of round roast. Thin sliced in bite sized pieces.
- It’s of White pepper, dry mustard, and seasoned salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic, divided.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry red wine.
- You need 2 tbs of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need of For the veggies.
- It’s 1/2 of sweet onion, fine chopped.
- It’s 1/2 bag of baby carrots, cut in 1/2 inch slices.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cut green beans.
- It’s 1 bundle of white asparagus, cut off tough ends. Cut in 1" pieces.
- You need 1 can of garbanzo beans.
- You need 1 of small can green peas.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh rosemary. Minced.
- It’s 1 of quarter lemon, juiced.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper and steak seasoning.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 2 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of For the topping.
- Prepare 3 of LG youkon gold potatoes, peeled.
- You need 2 of lg sweet potatoes, peeled.
- You need 4 tbs of butter.
- Prepare of Milk.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbs of herbs de province.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need 1 cup of shredded parmesan.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar.
American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Gordon's take on a real British classic. One option is the Bremer Shepherd's Pie. It's a Regular Buy that is in the store's freezer section year round.
Brad's sheppards pie step by step
- I a LG frying pan, brown lamb. Add 1 tsp garlic and season to taste..
- When done, remove to a plate. Add beef and brown..
- Add 1 tsp garlic, season to taste, add rest of meat ingredients. Braise until tender covered. When done, drain. Liquid.
- Meanwhile, grease a 11×15 baking dish. Unroll pie crust. Cover bottom and sides of dish with dough..
- Prick all over with a fork. Brush liberally with melted butter. Place in a 450 degree oven for 11 to 15 minutes until browned and crispy.
- In another frying pan, add a tbs butter. Sauté onions and carrots until onions get translucent. Add rest of veggies except the canned ones. Add rosemary, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings. Continue to sauté until asparagus starts to get tender. Deglaze pan with wine and vinegar. Cover and steam veggies until wine is almost completely reduced..
- Meanwhile peel and quarter potatoes. Place in a LG pot. Cover with water and boil until tender..
- When done, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Slowly add milk until potatoes are thick, smooth and creamy..
- Add the lamb on too of the browned crust. Add beef next. Spread all layers evenly..
- Next add the sauté veggie medly. Next layer the canned veggies evenly..
- Evenly pour the brown gravy over the top..
- Mix the cheeses, spread evenly over casserole..
- Cover with mashed potatoes..
- Place in a 375 degree oven for 30 -45 minutes it is done when potatoes start to brown..
- Remove from oven and let stand 8-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy..
Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British. But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes. The use of lamb, the smoky, heather taste of Guinness® Draught (Irish, I admit), and the topping of sharp Cheddar and smoked paprika give this version its unique, smoky-sweet flavor. Shepherd's pie, a British invention, was originally created as a way to use up leftovers from Sunday dinners of lamb and potatoes. If dinner was roast beef, the leftovers were baked into a potato-crusted casserole and called cottage pie.