Little Apple Pies. Little Pie Company® Now Ships Nationwide for Free on Goldbelly! Baked in NY, Available to Everyone. Pillsbury™ Mini Apple Pies come together fast with a Pillsbury™ pie crust cut into rounds and pressed into a muffin cup.
Place the apple slices in a medium bowl. These mini apple pies are soooo good and they're really simple to make! They're like little packets of comfort food that you can hold in your hand, almost like a cookie. You can have Little Apple Pies using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Little Apple Pies
- It’s 1 of roll of refrigerated pie dough (I used my basic pie dough recipe).
- You need 5 of small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced finely.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need of For the Streusel Topping.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cups of old fashioned oats.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cups of butter, melted.
They're warm and sweet, with an irresistibly flaky crust. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face on a cold, drizzly day! Place a tablespoonful of chopped apples on one side. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and water.
Little Apple Pies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the wells of a standard size muffin tin with nonstick spray. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and cut out circles about 2 inches in diameter. Gather and re-roll unused dough and cut additional circles. use the rim of a small plastic cup. Place the circles in the bottom of each muffin well..
- Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and cornstarch to a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 5-10 minutes until the apples have softened slightly and the juices begin to thicken. Remove from heat..
- Add about one tablespoon of the apple filling on top of each circle of pie dough..
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oats, and salt. Add melted butter and mix until well incorporated..
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the streusel topping to each muffin well, and gently pat it down over the apples..
- Cook about 20-25 minutes until crumbs are cruncy.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chopped apples, sugar, flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and ground nutmeg until fully combined. Then add a nice slice of apple to each circle from a can of apple pie filling, fold the crust over, and pinch closed to make these nice little bites. Although these apple pies are baked in the oven rather than deep fried, the concept remains the same: fill delicious dough with apple pie filling and top with a dusting of cinnamon-sugar. You likely have either made or enjoyed an apple pie like this before, but perhaps you know it by a different name! These personal-size pies are similar to.