Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already realize that the body requires a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that several specific foods are great for making your heart feel better? If you are interested to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Can you remember when your mom and dad would tell you an apple a day keeps the doctor away? In reality, apples contain numerous minerals and elements that promote a healthy heart. Apples are known to be rich in soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t take hold or cause blockages. Consuming just one Red Delicious apple every day can make your LDL levels drop by as much as 8%. That’s a terrific number for someone who desires a healthier heart.
There are lots of foods that are good for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly good, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Begin incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet daily. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe. To cook mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! you need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous!:
- Take of Whole red pepper (200g).
- Take of Whole aubergine (200g).
- Use of Approx 12 Cherry tomatoes (200g).
- Provide of large red onion (175g).
- You need of chicken breasts (300g).
- Use of garlic.
- Prepare of table spoons of harissa (pesto of preferred).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Take of giant wholewheat couscous.
- Use of chicken stock cube.
- You need of pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare of feta cheese.
- You need of Balsamic glaze.
Steps to make Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous!:
- Firstly preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius, chop the vegetables to be roasted, into large chunks, pepper, onion, courgette and aubergine. (Leave some onion to go with the chicken – 3 pieces) Drizzle with olive oil and season according to taste. I used salt, pepper and garlic powder. These need to be cooked for 45 mins at 170 degrees..
- The next thing to prepare is the chicken, place the breasts in an ovenproof dish, with the left over onion chunks and the garlic cloves (peeled and crushed). Spoon the harissa (if you aren’t keen on spice, use red pesto!) onto the chicken breasts and drizzle a little olive oil on the onion and garlic, place in the oven for ten minutes initially, before covering with foil..
- Next to prepare the tomatoes as they only take 25 mins to roast, put them onto an oven proof dish and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven. When doing this, check on the other roasting vegetables and turn them if necessary. If the chicken has been in 10 mins – add half a stock cube and 150ml of boiling water and cover with foil. This is to prevent the chicken from drying out..
- Once everything is in the oven, keep an eye on it all. The chicken will need 10 mins uncovered, then 20 covered then 10 uncovered again. The other vegetables just continue roasting for 45 mins and the tomatoes shorter..
- After about 30 mins, weigh out the giant cous cous and use the second half of the stock cube to simmer the cous cous in. (Follow the instructions on the cous cous packet, they are all a little different) bring the stock to the boil, add the cous cous and simmer for as long as directed..
- Everything should begin to look like it’s almost done, when the chicken has been in 40 mins, cut through and check the juices are running clear. If so, leave to stand. Then remove the tomatoes as they should be done. When the cous cous is softened, drain it..
- Now you can begin to assemble the dish, I started with the giant cous cous..
- Then added the roasted vegetables, the tomatoes and the chicken. I then took the juices from the chicken dish (It’s a mixture of harissa and stock – very tasty!) and spooned it all over the dish..
- I then added the crumbled feta, some balsamic glaze and topped with pumpkin seeds for added texture. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.